A litte bit of life

A litte bit of life

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I've Got My Luch Packed Up, My Boots Tied Tight, I Hope I Don't Get In A Fight

Me: "Emma what were your books about when you went to book club?"
Emma: "Books about school?"
Me: "Did you like it?"
Emma: "No, I don't like school"
Me: "I actually talked to a school today about you"
Emma "Your so mean!"
Me: "School is fun, and there are lots of little girls"
Emma :"what about boys?"
Me: "I'm sure there are some little boys"
Emma: "I don't like boys"
Me:"but you always say your gonna get married, how are you gonna get married if you don't like boys?"
Emma "Well if I marry him then I will love him"



This was a conversations Emma and I had earlier this week.  Every time we have mentioned school to Emma, she has always stressed how she does NOT like school and will never go!  For Example....Macon was having her count out the blueberries for her cereal the other day...in the middle of her counting she stopped and says "Your not tricking me trying to get me ready for school are you?!" Macon starts laughing and responds "No"....she replies "That's it, I'm not counting anymore"  I signed Emma up on a waiting list a couple of months ago for a pre-k that is held at a Methodist Church.  I've been praying that if she is suppose to be in it that a spot would open up and everything would fall into place, if not then that we would just not hear from the school.

Well the school called this week and it seems like everything has worked out perfect.  We had an awesome tour of the school, it is very small, and they awarded us a scholarship to make it affordable.  After touring the school, she is beyond excited!  And of course she is THRILLED about having to pick out a few outfits for school.  Lord help us now. 

I am kind of sad about her starting school.  She will now be in school for the next 14 years, then college or marriage and maybe babies.  I feel like she will start pre-k in two weeks, then I will wake up a grandma.  I'm also worried how Rylee will do having time away from Emma....they fight like crazy....but keep each other entertained all day.  At least Emma wont get beat up so much.

Macon and I are still trucking along. It was a tough month financially but of course, we have what we need.  We are still working on finding a cheap car since we wrecked our other one.  Macon and Ben have also been playing more lately.  They are sounding awesome and Macon is enjoying it....just kind of hard working late hours and having early mornings. 

Now we are off to recover from a late night last night, listening to Rylee tell Emma to "Go to timeout"  hearing Emma respond "You are not the boss of me, I don't have to listen".  Hoping we can make it through the night without Rylee peeing all over the floor and keeping her big girl panties dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment